Thanks for the nice comments and encouragement on my last post, and the brightly variegated baby kimono. Here’s a more conventional version of the same pattern:
This time I used about 1 1/2 skeins of Manos del Uruguay Cotton Stria, with a contrasting remnant of the same for the trim. (I love this yarn – it’s beautifully soft – but dang, is it a pain to seam with). I did a seed stitch edging this time instead of garter stitch at the bottom hem and at the sleeve edges. I did a row of single crochet around the front openings, and picked up stitches and knit i-cords for the ties. I also knit this one a bit bigger; same gauge as the last one, but I cast on 55 stitches for the back piece, knit for 5″, and then made the sleeves 5″ wide as well. I have no idea what size baby this will fit, but hopefully it will be useful for the recipient. As I looked at it blocking, I thought it looked rather like a little baby tennis sweater, somehow.
Now that I’ve gotten the baby kimono thing out of my system, I’m back to focusing on my Picovoli. I’ll try to get a bunch of work on that done so I can show you a photo soon.